Article provided by: Quote Savage
Car insurance is one of the ways of ensuring responsibility and safety on the road. A good driving record guarantees low premium rates. Adhering to traffic rules also ensures that in case of an accident, your insurer will take over the cost of damages and injuries.
Quote Savage provides car owners within Florida with information that helps them choose the best auto covers. We have experienced insurance professionals who can help you find the best car insurance in Bradenton at a great rate.
Claiming Auto Insurance Payments
To receive payments from your insurer in case of an accident, you need to file a claim. Reporting any accident as soon as it happens is important to making a successful claim. Whether you’re responsible for an accident or not, ensure you follow these steps:
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident. That includes photos of injuries sustained, vehicles involved in the accident, and any property damaged at the scene.
- Ask for the contact information of eyewitnesses, and of the other driver if there was another vehicle involved. You should also get car registration, license, and insurance details from involved motorists.
- Inform your insurance agent of the accident and begin the claim process as soon as possible.
Can Your Insurer Deny Your Claim?
Your insurer can reject your claim for payment if:
- You have defaulted on your premium payments. Unpaid premiums are one of the most common reasons for claim denials.
- There’s a delay in reporting the incident. You should report an accident to both the police and your insurance company as soon as you can.
- At the time of the accident, you were driving under the influence. That also includes violations to local laws such as driving recklessly or without a license.
- Your policy does not cover the claim presented. For instance, if you have liability coverage, your claim will be denied if an uninsured driver caused the accident. That would need to be covered under a separate uninsured motorist coverage.
Seeking information related to your policy can help you to avoid a situation whereby your claim is denied. Insurance agents advise their clients on details concerning their covers.
At Quote Savage, we explain to our customers all the perks and limitations that come with the policy of their choice. In that way, we prepare them so that they’re able to get financial assistance when they need it without any delays.
What Can You Do When Your Car Insurance Carrier Refuses to Pay Up?
If you think your insurer has wrongfully denied your claim, you can take any of the following actions:
- Contact the company in writing, providing documents that prove you qualify for the claim
- Appeal with the State Insurance Commissioner
- You can also sue the company based on the violation of contract
Comprehensive Car Insurance
At Quote Savage, we check existing car policies to ensure that they are useful to the owners. Your risks as a policyholder may change over the years, and that's why it's vital to update your policy once in a while. Call us today on (727) 900-5888 for any questions or queries about car insurance in Bradenton.Car insurance Bradenton
View Larger Map